Like other PC games, Atomic Heart also features mouse acceleration. In this article, we’ll show you how to disable mouse acceleration in Atomic Heart.
Atomic Heart is the latest release from Mundfish. The game was released two days ago on 21st Feb 2023 on Xbox, PS4, PS5, and Microsoft windows.
Atomic Heart hasn’t had the perfect launch because of some bugs Xbox users were facing at the launch and no Ray-tracing support on the PC. Xbox Game Pass users were facing an issue after the game launch that makes it impossible to complete the introductory mission.
When Xbox users reached a quest called “No rest for the wicked”, they were instructed to get into the car. However, they could not interact with the car.
Related: Atomic Heart: Xbox Players Are Stuck On Intro Due To A Bug
Mundfish showed off a 4k gameplay overview making its graphics one of the key features of the game, but when released, PC players couldn’t find any Ray-tracing graphics option in the game. Upon reaching the Devs, developers confirmed that the Ray-tracing option will be added later. This was also a big disappointment for PC players.
Related: No Ray-tracing graphics options in Atomic Heart For PC Players
How To Disable Mouse Acceleration In Atomic Heart
Let’s come to the point, “Atomic Heart doesn’t normally allow you to disable mouse acceleration”, but you can use some tricks to disable the acceleration. Here’s how.
There’s no Mouse acceleration button in settings, and the game doesn’t offer any on/off buttons also, but you can use this trick to change settings.
- Close the game first, and go to your Atomic Heart data directory by clicking on the bar at the top of a Windows Explorer and typing in %localappdata%.
- The second step is to click on the Atomic Heart directory, then Saved, then Config.
- If you’re running the Steam version, go into the WindowsNoEditor directory, and if you’re using the Game Pass version, go into the WinGDK one.
- In that directory, you’ll see a file called “input.ini“. Double-click on it, and it should open in Notepad, if not right click on it and try “Open With Notepad“
- The file should be blank, so put in the following two lines of code:
- Lastly, save the file and exit.
Well, you might be thinking there’s a big difference between smoothing and disabling the acceleration. But for now, this is the best thing you can get. And if you want to re-enable it, you can go to the file again and simply delete the 2 lines of code.
Let’s hope Mundfish will add this feature later in the game. In the meantime, you can read our other article on Atomic Heart.
Related: Is Ukraine About To Ban Atomic Heart Over Alleged Ties To Russia?